Scott Young has a goal of learning everything. It is a life long commitment:
Life long learning:
I can’t force you to switch learning styles. You need to find the motivation yourself. For me, the motivation to become a lifelong learner was great enough to build the habits to support it. If you are interested, here are a few habits to take that interest and make a commitment:
- Always have a book. It doesn’t matter whether it takes you a week or a year to finish, just always have one ready.
- Wikipedia lunches. I’ve recently taken up the habit of reading randomWikipedia articles as I eat my lunch. It’s a great way to get 15 minutes of learning in without taking any time out of my schedule.
- OpenCourseWare. I’ve taken a self-study course from MIT. Look for ones that have all the content online, so you can get started immediately.
- Buy a Library Card. When you read dozens of books a year, the charges can expand. Go the library to save yourself the money.
- Take obscure classes. Yeah, I know, you need to study for your finals and midterms. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take an evening dance, language or martial arts class.
- Read the Full Article